Paul KeresPartner, sworn advocate
Phone: : (+372) 686 0000
Paul Keres advises clients in complex commercial disputes and focuses mainly on disputes in the financial sector, enforcement and bankruptcy proceedings as well as shareholder relationships in public and private companies.
Paul is valued as an exceptionally strong specialist in settling multi-jurisdictional disputes that have a cross-border impact. He has represented clients in numerous court disputes concerning foreign law. Paul has extensive experience in arbitration and he has represented and advised clients in arbitration courts in Estonia and abroad (International Chamber of Commerce, Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution, Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Court of Arbitration of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, etc.). Paul maintains a solid network of local law, management and financial experts.
Legal market reviews Legal500 and Chambers praise Paul in connection with his work in representing Danske Bank A/S and the Bank of Moscow in various cases involving bankruptcy law and shareholder disputes.Paul Keres is the Estonian Attorney of the Year 2017.
A selection of some of the most outstanding cases:
- representing a leading media group in arbitration proceedings concerning the acquisition of media enterprises (claims exceeded € 8 000 000);
- representing a minority shareholder in arbitration proceedings in connection with a share option transaction (value of the dispute exceeded € 12 000 000);
- advising and representing the leading Finnish manufacturer of wind turbines in international arbitration proceedings (total claims exceeded € 20 000 000);
- representing AS Kredex Krediidikindlustus in a dispute over the annulment of an insurance contract with AS Windoor (claims exceeded € 13 000 000);
- regularly represents and advises Danske Bank A/S in the recovery of default loans and claims;
- advising and representing Svenska Handelsbanken A/B (the Swedish headquarters) in the bankruptcy proceedings of Kreenholmi Valduse AS (claims exceeded € 4 000 000);
- representing the leading Estonian producer of confectionery in a dispute involving excessive pollution charges (claims exceeded € 1 000 000);
- advising and representing an investor listed on the London alternative stock exchange upon protecting investments made in Estonia, Latvia and Russia and representing the board of directors in the Estonian court in fighting off claims filed against it (claim exceeded € 7 000 000).
- AIJA International Arbitration Training Program, London, United Kingdom (2016)
- AIJA Training in Arbitrator Powers, Helsinki, Finland (2013)
- AIJA International Arbitration Training Program, London, United Kingdom (2013)
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vienna, Austria (2009)
- University of Tartu, Law School, M.A. (2009)
- University of Tartu, Law School, B.A. (2007)
- Rhodes Academy, Centre of Oceans Law and Research, Rhodes, Greece (2005)
- Founding member of Mises Institute Estonia
- Estonian Bar Association (2010)
- ICC Estonia Transport Committee
Glikman Alvin LEVIN in Legal 500 top tier for 2020
Employee relations and other considerations for the COVID-19 crisis
For companies the current coronavirus crisis has presented some additional challenges beyond simply staying healthy: how to follow the laws, protect the business, its employees, and the bottom line, all at once.
Paul Keres awarded Advocate of the Year by the Estonian Bar
It is with great honour and pleasure we learn of our partner, sworn advocate Paul Keres, having been singled out by the Estonian Bar to receive the Advocate of the Year award. Paul is already the second member of the GLIKMAN ALVIN team to have received such an award, the first being senior partner Leon Glikman in 2002.
We have been shortlisted for the European Tax Award and recognized as a top-tier firm by The Legal 500
GLIKMAN ALVIN sucessfully acted for AS KredEx Krediidikindlustus in a large insurance dispute with an Estonian manufacturer of glazed fascades
GLIKMAN ALVIN sucessfully acted for AS KredEx Krediidikindlustus in a large insurance dispute with an Estonian manufacturer of glazed fascades.The quantum of the dispute was close to €14 million and ended in all claims against our client being rejected.
Chambers Global awarded GLIKMAN ALVIN the highest ranking
Chambers Global, one of the most prestigious law firm publications in the world, has again provided Law Firm GLIKMAN ALVIN with the highest assessment.
University of Tartu law students visited our bureau.
CEE Legal Matters highlighted GLIKMAN ALVIN’s work with the Krediidipank partition disposition.
Kredex Krediidikindlustuse AS wins in Circuit Court
Paul Keres: Let’s give the towns and communities the right to establish their own taxes
Paul Keres discusses the topic of
marginalization in Päevaleht and offers solutions.
Paul Keres discusses the situation of human rights
Paul Keres discusses the situation and development of human rights in Estonia with venerable colleagues at 34th Estonian Jurists Day.
Law Office Glikman Alvin advised Kredex Krediidikindlustus AS in court matter
Attorneys-at-law of Law Office GLIKMAN ALVIN, Leon Glikman and Paul Keres advised Kredex Krediidikindlustus AS in court matter in which AS Windoor filed an action to Harju County Court to receive an insurance indemnity in the sum of 13,8 million euros.
Paul Keres: The grand-son of the most famous chess-player in Estonia protects two sensational characters
Persona story about Paul Keres in Eesti Ekspress
Paul Keres visited London and Cambridge as a member of the trade delegation of BECC
Paul Keres, partner and attorney-at-law of Law Office GLIKMAN ALVIN visited London and Cambridge as a member of trade delegation of British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce