Aleksander GlikmanSworn advocate emeritus
Aleksander Glikman is one of the most famous and recognized lawyers in Estonia.
Aleksander practices law since 1951, when he graduated from University of Tartu. He has been closely linked to managing law offices and the Bar Association; he also holds an important part in the development of the modern Estonian Bar Association. As Estonia gained independence, Aleksander participated actively in the legal reform. As a member of different working groups, he is one of the most important authors of modern laws of Estonia. Aleksander Glikman is also the co-author of Law of Property Act, Law of Obligations Act, General Part of the Civil Code Act, Code of Civil Procedure, Bankruptcy Act and other legislations.
Aleksander is known as one of the most valued and successful trial lawyer, who has been prosperous in thousands of civil and arbitration matters, he is also known as one of the most highly qualified legal advisers. In recent years, the main activity of Aleksander has been legal advice.
Aleksander is considered as a legendary training provider. In addition to actively giving lectures, he has trained tens and tens of successful lawyers who still come to him for advice.
- University of Tartu, Faculty of Law (1951)
- 1951–1965 Head of different law offices
- 1972-1990 Vice-chairman of College of Lawyers
- 1972-1990 Vice-chairman of the Estonian Bar Association
- 1992-2006 Chairman of Professional Suitability Assessment Committee of the Estonian Bar Association
- 1991-2016 Partner and attorney-at-law in Law Office Glikman Alvin
- 2016 Lawyer emeritus
- 1977 Honored lawyer of Estonian SSR
- 1997 IV class Order of the White Star
- 2003 Medal of merit of the Estonian Bar Association